1) Lip product: I know that these are discontinued but every CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet) I've been to has had them and I don't even live in the States. But... my MAC Tendertone Lip balm in Pucker. This colour reminds me of a watermelon for some odd reason. I also love the fact that it has SPF 12 in it... I know its not a lot but it is better than nothing right?
2) Blush: Unfortunately, I ran out of this product last fall and didn't repurchase it yet, so this post just reminded me to get on that. I know that MAC's Cremeblend Blush is "Ladyblush" is extremely popular and raved about but it IS for a reason. In the summer you want to stay away from powder so this blush just gives you a natural flush and looks great plus it won't sweat off.
3) Nail Polish: Recently, I got into pinks. For awhile now they just weren't a pretty colour to me but now I'm loving them because hot pink and coral go great with my skin tone. So, I've been loving OPI's Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! I got it recently for about $6 and it was completely worth it. Unfortunately it saw part of the "South Beach" collection but if I find another I will host a giveaway for it. I also love the smooth application of it, every time I apply it I feel it just gives the best flawless look. So this hot pink colour will be well worn this summer.
|OPI Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! with Silver Shatter Top Coat|
4) Liquid face product: CoverGirl's Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer is my pick for Summer because it is waterproof! Waterproof in the summer is a BIG must! I love going swimming in the Summer and one of my best friend has a pool in her yard so we're always swimming. Also, since it is a tinted moisturizer it will give you a light natural feel. If anyone knows if the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is waterproof please let me know! This is great plus it hydrates your skin.
5) Powder face product: I love using my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural year-round but in the Summer it comes in handy! I love this lightweight feel it gives and summer is all about feeling fresh-faced with barely there make-up. This absorbs oil although I do not use it to blot throughout the day I just use my Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets.
6) Hair product: Oddly enough this product was not included in my previous blog post about my favourite hair products. I guess it is because I use it only in summer for an effortless look and I do not consider it an all-time favourite. However, Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray Gel is amazing for summer. I just scrunch some of this into my hair and it gives me nice beachy waves. try to stay away from heat styling in the summer!
7) Eye product: To begin with I do not wear eyeshadow too often so and I usually just wear eyeliner and mascara. A summer must have is waterproof mascara and I always have one in my collection for rainy days or days I know my eye make-up will get wet. My CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume will soon have to be thrown away and replaced with a new waterproof mascara. Any suggestions for waterproof lengthening mascara I tried some of the ones you told me about last time but do they come in the waterproof formula as well?
8) Self Tanner (or any tanning item): Since I am naturally tan I do not need any self-tanning products. Thank-you lord. I have been told by many make-up artists at MAC, Sephora or any other make-up counters that I am blessed with perfectly tan skin, which I am not complaining about so I find no need to ruin my skin tone with fake tanners. Instead I wanted to showcase a favourite of mine for summer. The Evian Facial Spray was my saviour when I was in Europe expecting cold weather when in reality it was really hot. Spraying this can set your make-up and give you a refresh during the day without taking off your make-up.
9) Fashion accessory: I treasure my coral string bracelet with the rhinestone accents in the centre. I wear this all the time but in the summer it just looks amazing. My friend bought it for me and she means so much to me, love you babe! It just gives you a beach vibe. I think she got it at American Eagle but I can't be too sure and it was about a year back so good luck finding it!
10) Clothing piece: I love crop tops and lucky for me they are IN for summer! I can't wait to walk around in the cutest crop tops ever! I only have 4 right now but I really want more and they are easy to make too! I know some girls aren't so comfortable being in a crop top but there are tonnes of other trends to try. This crop top is super cute and from Urban Outfitters. I got it for about $20 in the clearance section... cute right?
So that was all I had to say for this blog post I hoped you enjoyed and I will talk to you later!