Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats

Tory Burch flats are no doubt GORGEOUS, but how comfortable are they? Each time I wear them I will tell you how they feel and if they hurt.  Keep reading, this review will go up until the time I wear them to Europe (because that's where all the walking happens).  Keep reading to read my experiences with these US $195 shoes!




DAY ONE: March 27, 2011

So today was my first day with the shoes and of course, there was some snow on the ground and it was a bit windy.  When I put them on everything seemed fine and everything was comfortable.  I walked around the a few places wothout a hitch.  After about 3 hours I felt pain on the sides of the front sole of my feet and it continued to bother me throughout the rest of the day!  I walked around for about 2 hours after that.  I did expect it to hurt a lot on the first day though.  To be honest this could have been avoided if I had vasaline! It's good that I broke them in a bit though and these did hurt a lot but not as much as when I had to break in my Fyre Cowboy boots!

DAY TWO: April 2, 2011


My second day wearing my new shoes!  I did not do as much walking this time but I still felt a bit of pain.  After about 2 hours of walking around the side of my pinky toes really hurt about 30 minutes later the pain shifted ti the back of my right foot.  I have no idea why but my right foot was always feeling more pain.  Throughout the rest of the day both my pinky toes were hurting me. However, the pain is getting easier to bear.

DAY THREE: APRIL 9, 20ll


This time I was wearing it, I did something a bit different, I ran!  Yes, I ran around a yard for about 10-15 minutes chasing my cousins.  It actually did not hurt while running.  I went to a musical today because as I said before, my school is focussed on the arts and I was invited to visit our school musical and might I say it was amazing.  For most of the day they were comfortable.  However nearing the end my pinky toe on my right foot felt slight pressure that made it uncomfortable.  As you can see the pain is fading!

DAY FOUR: APRIL 16, 2011

I wore them INSIDE today.  We celebrated my mom's birthday today with my extended family.  My mom's birthday is actually on April 25 - Easter Monday.  She got a lot of cute things - my brother and his girlfriend bought her a Burberry wallet.  Anyway, I wore them around the house for hours and guess what? NO IRRITATIONS.  The only complain I have is that, they made my feet sweaty but them again there were 30 people over and it wasn't exactly that cold.  So, it probably was not because of the shoes.  Anyway, I think they are broken in, tomorrow I will where them outside and tell you what I think about them and if they hurt but for now, they do not bother me they slightest bit.  This might mean they are broken in!

DAY FIVE: April 17, 2011

I can happily say... my Tory Burch's are officially broken in!  They do not hurt my feet at all.  These shoes have quickly become one of my favourite pairs and I get a lot of compliments on them.  In my opinion, these were worth the splurge.  If your feet are still growing then you may want to wait before purchasing these but once broken in they will become one of the most comfortable walking shoes.

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting these so the review was great. My birthday is ALSO april 25th, wild. Perhaps I'll have to tell my boyfriend to buy these as a gift :) thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I helped. LOL! Happy early birthday to you too then. Oh, you should, they are amazing, you'll love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. My birthday isn't April 25th but I did buy myself a pair of black patent Reva flats for my birthday
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/6394140261/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39715038@N00/6395975747/in/photostream

    Gotta love the Revas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you! Mine isn't either, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. Find perfect footwear for yourself from collection of Tory Burch flats. When I was searching for designer flats online then I came to know about Tory Burch ballet flats. I liked this trendy footwear’s and huge discount is also available on these flats that make me interested to buy these.

    ReplyDelete