Monday, April 18, 2011

How To: Newspaper Nails

My best friend came to school today with "newspaper nails".  Unfortunately, I have gel nails on right now for my trip but I guarantee you this will work!

Found off Google Images


Materials needed:
- Newspaper Print
- Rubbing Alcohol/Vodka
- Bowl
- Towel
- Light Nail Polish
- Clear Top Coat

1) Paint your nails a light nail polish colour, white works best against the black print.
2) Pour the alcohol into the empty bowl do not pour too much, use your judgement.
3) Dip your newspaper (make sure it does have words!) into the bowl of alcohol.
4) Place the wet newspaper over your dry nails, you can use the towel to press down on the newspaper.
5) Hold for about 15-25 seconds.
6) Remove newspaper.
7) Apply top coat of needed - the newspaper might give you a matte effect.

So that is it everyone, enjoy your new chic, newspaper nails.  You will sure bet that I will do this once I get my gel nails off!  Send me a picture of you rocking this look and let me know if you try it!

xox,
Taaylor <3

21 comments:

  1. I am totally trying this. My newspaper students will love it, hah! So creative but chic at the same time. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out! Thank-you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm gonna try it!! =)
    I love your blog!

    xoxo Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank-you, let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is the coolest thing I have seen today. Thank you so much I am going to give this a try this week when I do my nails. I am following your blog. Please check mine out. http://pinkpurse21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you like it, take pictures of it on your blog and link it to me! Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great Idea! I'm going to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Vinita, you're always so kind! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally tried them out! I wrote a short blog post about it, here's the link if you wanna see out they turned out. (sorry about the quality of the picture)

    http://lindseysbellavita.blogspot.com/2011/05/newspaper-nails.html

    xoxo Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! LINDSEY! They turned out so good! I'm so glad you tried and no worries about the quality, I'm just through the roof that you tried them out. It's amazing how easy it is to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has got to be the coolest idea ever! Thanks so much for posting about it or I totally would have missed it! <3 ur blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank-you! Oh, and it was my pleasure, let me know how it works out! Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look so cool! Can't wait to try it.

    I am following your blog and I would love it if you could check out mine and follow back pubicly: jaciwalker.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks, let me know how they turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These nails are so utterly adorable and super creative! I'm definitely following!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This nails are so cool and amazing!! thank you very much for the tip!!! :D
    I am definetely gonna try this!!! I found your blog though Lindsley (La Bella Vita blog). I am already following your blog! it has really cool tags too!! I just made my blog a few days ago and would love if you could check it out
    Good luck on the dancing!

    ☆ Bereniice ☆

    http://thingshappenjustlive.blogspot.com/

    and I would love if you could check my friend's blog if u aren't already

    http://pinkpurse21.blogspot.com/2011/05/tag-im-itwait-minuteyour-it-too.html?showComment=1306713132943#c4832079319028088628

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, thank you for following my blog :)
    Oh, I need to go and thank her! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. just wanderin does this work wit acrylic nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people who paint on their acrylic nails, I assume it would but I'm not 100% sure!

      Delete
  19. can you do this with anything thats printed like can you print out a picture and do this????

    ReplyDelete