Monday, May 23, 2011

How To: 2 Ways To Get 10-Minute Waves

I know I have been doing a lot of wavy hair tutorials but they are the best to pull off for summer!  So, here is one way to get waves similar to SJP's in the picture that my friend taught me to do!


Materials Needed:
- 5 Hair Ties
- Brush
- Flat Iron
- Braiding Ability
- Heat Protectant

1) Brush your hair out when it is completely dry to ensure that there are no tangles so it is easy to braid.
2) Divide your hair into 5 sections all over your head and braid them, don't worry about how neat they are.
3) Spray your heat protectant on each braid and allow to dry.
4) Run the flat iron over each braid for about 10-15 seconds each.
5) Take out all the braids and run your finger through it to break them up.

The next technique I learned from a sleepover with my best friend.  Her mom used to be a hairdresser so she taught us this easy way to get waves like Ashley Greene's.


Materials Needed:
- 90% dry hair -- if not mist your hair
- Curl Enhancing Cream
- Hair Tie
- Heat Protectant
- Blow Dryer
- Bobby Pins

1) Add curl enhancing cream to your damp hair since we are trying to get subtle waves.
2) Tie your hair into a high pony tail at the crown of your head.
3) Spray heat protectant on it throughly.
4) Twist your hair around the base of the hair tie so it creates a bun and bobby pin it so it stays in place.
5) Turn your blow dyer on and blow dry your hair until it is completely dry and make sure you let your hair cool down afterwards.
6) Take out the bobby pins and hair tie and look at your amazingly natural soft waves.

I hope you enjoyed both tutorials, and I hope you didn't mind I used a little bit of heat.  Either this week or next week I will be announcing my giveaway prizes so keep your eyes peeled!  Thank-you all for reading my blog and following, I reached 50 followers when I woke up today and I never thought I would get 5!  It means a lot, not to mention people have actually given me the 'Stylish Blogger Award'!

SWAVLK, Taylor 

2 comments: