Sunday, July 3, 2011

Taylor's Favourites: Lip Products Summer 2011

Hey girls,

So it's Summer, with minimal make-up on the only thing that won't really melt off is lip products.  These are my top picks for Summer.  I'm thinking of doing a "Taylor's Favourites: Nail Polishes Summer 2011".  Tell me if you'd be interested in that.  I have been writing way to much unnecessary things lately (just like this) so I'm going to jump right into it.

1. EOS Lip Balm:

Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, Honeysuckle Honeydew
 As boring as it sounds lip balm is important and these are one of the cutest lip balms around.  The bright fun colours make it cute and the spherical shape make them different and easy to find.  Nonetheless, people will think you are rubbing an egg on your lip, trust me.  I have 3 -- look above-- there is a ton of product in each one.  I've had my pink one for months and I'm almost done, it tastes like peaches.  I just started using my blue one, which tastes like mint.  I haven't even started on my green one.  All the Smooth Sphere's are gluten-free, paraban-free, petroleom-free,  phthalate-free, are 95% organic and 100% natural.


2. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1:

The Original One
I love my Kiehl's lip balm.  This is perfect for really dry or chapped lips.  It's a gel consistency and when you need a little extra moisture, reach for this one.  If you are in the Kiehl's network (e-mail list) they occasionally give out free ones, I got mine as a Christmas present from Kiehl's.  Plus, it contains SPF 4, better than nothing I suppose.

3. Nivea Lip Care:

In Strawberry
 Nivea is a great brand for lip balms.  The one I have is super moisturizing and tinted unlike the others.  I have the flavour strawberry which tastes amazing and gives a red tint to your lips.  There are many others in the Nivea Lip Care line, ones that include SPF 30 too, which I recommend for summer.  Also, there are different flavours and colours.


4. MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner:


"Close For Comfort"
  I love these from MAC.  They have the same vanilla scent that all MAC products have and the colour pay-off is pretty good.  They also last a very long time and come in so different fun colours for the summer.  Also, these have SPF 15 in them making it the perfect summer lip product.  I got mine at a CCO, since it is limited edition from the Warm and Cozy collection.


5.  Korres Lip Butter


Jasmine
I love my Korres Lip Butter in "Jasmine".  It smells amazing and I love the colour plus it's summer moisturizing and light.  These are a little over $10, and are sold at Sephora.  All of them are paraban-free, sulfate-free, petro-chemical-free and GMO-free.  The colour is very sheer but still it is colour.  You can also use these in your cheeks if you wanted to.  It gives your lips a shiny finish.

6. MAC Tendertone:

Pucker
Unfortunately, MAC has discontinued these amazing products but I decided to still include it because you can still find them at CCOs (where I found mine) and I do believe L'Oreal has a dupe called the HIP Jelly Balms, which I can never find.  Anyway these are really glossy and moisturizing.  They smell so good, I kind of think they smell like watermelon but I might be completely wrong.  They contain SPF 12, which is pretty good, no one wants their lips to be burned.


7.  CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balms:


Tulip, Marble, Coral
A lot of people don't like these but I have to say they are perfect for summer and I am obsessed with these, especially for summer.  They are pretty shimmery, which is kind of a down-fall but they are pretty.  My favourite is the colour "Marble" and "Coral" looks really good paired with a corally-pink gloss.  They are exactly what the name says a gloss balm.  The best of both worlds.  Lip gloss in a lip balm form.  Pretty amazing!


8.  MAC Surf, Baby! LipGlass in "Strange Potion"


I LOVE THIS COLOUR!
This is a limited edition lipglass in the colour "Strange Potion".  It's from the Surf, Baby! collection that came out this summer.  It's a really pretty soft coral pink and it has a slight silver sheen to it.  I love this gloss and I have been reaching for it countless times since I got it.


9. MAC CremesheenGlass in "Richer, Lusher"


B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L
This colour is gorgeous.  It is a true coral peach.  I think if it as NARS' Gina Blush in a lipgloss.  I love cremesheens since they aren't as sticky as a lipglass and still last a long time plus the shine is incredible.  Cremesheens do come with a doe foot applicator, which does not bother me.  The colour is really pigmented so beware.


10. MAC Dazzleglass in "Baby Sparks"


Unfortunately, my camera did not pick up the amazing blue sparkles.
I recently got this in my latest haul and I live it.  I need to get more dazzleglasses.  I love the fact that it has amzing blue sparkles because if you didn't already know, any sort if blue undertone, sparkles or hint of blue will make your teeth appear whiter.  I'm not saying my teeth aren't white, but still it helps.  the sparkles give this gloss a 3-D effect and it's super moisturizing and not sticky.  I think this is great for summer because of the sparkles, since the sun will be hitting your face and make you lips glisten.


11.  E.L.F Hypershine Glosses:


Wild, Perfect Pink
The tubes of these remind me of Stila Lip Glazes, don't they remind you of those too?  Anyway, I got a set of 5-7 hypershine glosses for $10.  I haven't ever owned anything from E.L.F before but I was always interested and I love these 2 colours.  Both are pretty similar, medium pink colours but they are the only 2 I've tried so far and I am impressed.


12.  Benefit's Benetint and Posietint:



Benetint, Posietint
I love these.  They are cheek and lip stains and the colours couldn't be more different.  Benetint is a deeper rosy red colour.  Posietint is a hot pink or poppy colour.  I heard there was another one "Cha Cha Tint", which is described as a mango-tinted stain.   These won't budge which is essential for summer.

So those are my favourite lip products for summer.  I hope you all enjoyed and let me know what your favourite summer lip product is.  Also let me know if lipgloss is waterproof, I always wondered that.  Okay, girls I promise I'll shut up.

Taylor xoxo. 

6 comments:

  1. Does the EOS lip balm have SPF? Why does a lot of people like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the lemon one does. I personally love they because they taste amazing and are super moisturizing plus they contain vitamin e and shea butter :) At the beginning i didn't get the hype but they are easily my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. darn, they should have spf 15 for all of them... seriously, all products should just have spf...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it would be so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all nivea lip balms :)
    I've been wanting to try the EOS balms for so long, but I have soo many others that I really should finished up first lol, it might take forever!

    Right now I am loving the Mint version of the Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter. It smells like mint but it doesn't taste like it, so it's not one of those ones that make you lick your lips all day, thats a plus lol.

    Follow me back on my new fashion blog? :)
    Thanks a bunch!
    http://amourdarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to pick up some more Nivea lip balms!
    That's true, but I always lose lip balms so I use that as an aecuse :P

    I didn't even know they had a lip butter thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can get my hands on it!!

    ReplyDelete