Friday, September 30, 2011

Taylor's Favourites: September 2011

Hey y'all,

I can't believe September is almost over or maybe for some of you by the time you read this already over.  I almost finished a month of school for my 2011-2012 year!  I have some beauty favourites to share with you and I used my dad's DSLR camera so the quality is amazing!  The only problem is I didn't use a macro lens and the only way some products would focus was if I held them up, so let's get right into it!

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer - Oil Free


I haven't been using primer over the summer so when I got 2 deluxe samples of this primer I didn't use it for a very long time.  Randomly, I reached for it one day and actually really liked the "pore-refining" aspect of this primer.  To me, you could see a difference.  Sephora says its a gel primer but its more a cream gel to me.  Another thing I liked is it controlled shine a bit, since it is oil-free.  It also left my skin soft which is something I didn't expect and of course made my make-up last longer.

Marcelle Velvety Powder Blush in "Dust"


This is my favourite drugstore blush of all time.  Probably in my top 3 favourite blushes I own.  I've been meaning to buy more Marcelle blushes for a long time but I recently started re-using it again and now I will for sure pick up another one next time I go to the drugstore.  These blushes are so smooth and just look so silky on your skin.  They are matte (well this one is) and I think this one would suit any skintone.

MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in "Close For Comfort"


I've been really trying to moisturize my lips yet still have some colour on them during the day and this products achieves both. This specific shade is from the Warm & Cozy collection and I would describe it as a neutral pinky-brown shade perfect for a natural lip.

Korres Lip Butter in "Jasmine"


Pretty much does the exact same thing as a MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner except it's way cheaper.  I really want more of these because the Jasmine one smells really good and I think it gives more moisture than a MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner.  Jasmine's a really pretty sheer neutral pink.

Aerie Kiss Soft Gloss in "Petal"


Unfortunately American Eagle doesn't make these anymore.  This lip gloss was one of the first make-up products I wore.  I actually have 3 extra tubes of these since they're discontinued.  Soft glosses were designed to moisturize your lips while adding a sheer hint of colour.  Aerie has now come out with the Happy Apothecary  Laughing Lips Glaze and from the swatches online, "Juicy Watermelon", seems like the closest one.

bareMinerals i.d. SPF 15 Foundation


This month I've been wearing no foundation or a little bit of foundation.  bareMinerals was my first high end foundation and I've used it for over a year.  I'm in the colour medium-tan!  I really don't know what more I can say about this product... awks... okay then.

Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer


Okay, yea, I know this was on my Products I Regret Buying post but on that post someone in the comments told me to try to use it as concealer.  Since I started going to school this month, the dark circles were for sure apparent so I tried it out and adored it as a concealer.  I don't like it for priming but I do think it does so a good job concealing.

Nicole By OPI "Too Rich For You"


I've talked about this WAAAYY too much this month but I was so excited to wear it now that dark colours are in again!  This is one of my favourite nail polishes ever and has been on my nails for practically the entire month with Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday on top.  I've been getting so much compliments and it kind if reminds me of a night sky in some ways.

So those are all my favourites for September.  I will be doing some Halloween tutorials for October so please let me know what you would like me to recreate for Halloween because to be honest, I have no idea.  I hope y'all enjoyed this post and let me know what your favourite product was for September!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment