Thursday, September 22, 2011

Style On A Budget: Lo Bowsworth

Hey y'all,

After my first Style On A Budget, someone sent me a picture of Lo Bowsworth (Lauren Conrad's best friend -- seen on The Hills and Laguna Beach).  This is a fancier outfit but it would be really cute to wear out for dinner or a date of some kind.  I hope y'all enjoy this look for less and I will get on with the post!

This is my inspiration picture.  In the picture Lo is wearing a really pretty pleated white dress, a tan leather jacket, some nude heels and a blue Chanel bag.  The Chanel bag a lone is at least $1500 and not all of us can dish out that much for an outfit so let's take her style and transform it into something more affordable. 


So, this is my take on Lo's cute going out look.  It has the same concept but I made a few minor tweeks and this outfit should be way cheaper than Lo's.  Shall we get more into detail?


The dress is the main component if this outfit.  I know you can't see it in the picture but in the next picture you will.  The top of the dress in pleated and has these little studs all over the top.  The brand is Lucca Couture and I bought it at Urban Outfitters for $40.  I got it in the summer so I am not sure if you can still get it but any little white dress (LWD) is perfect for this outfit or even a creme dress is good.


I didn't have a tan leather jacket, only a black one so I decided to change it up a bit and add a creme coloured cardigan instead.  Be sure the cardigan isn't long though!  My cardigan is from Banana Republic and was about $15.  I'm sure they still have them there.


I was debating whether or not to feature a blue bag of a more Chanel-esque bag and in the end I went with the Chanel-esque bag to give it more of a classy feel but you can choose any bag you would like.  I got my bag at Forever 21 for $22 in early summer so they might not have it.  I found this bag on Aldo if you would like an alternative although it is not too similar it is really cute!


Last but for sure not least are the shoes!  Lo was wearing some nude-ish strappy heels but I decided to make it more comfortable by incorporating an espadrille.  They still have the strappy element but are way more comfortable to walk in while still being cute.  I got mine at Ann Taylor  a few months back so they might still have them.

That is it for today's Style On A Budget!  Let me know which look I should do next.  E-mail me at taylorh009@gmail.com to send me pictures of a certain outfit or leave me a link in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading and have a good night/day wherever you are!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment