Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How To: Be Little Red Riding Hood For HALLOWEEN

Hey y'all.,

I am super excited to start my Halloween series and I thought this would take longer but since I was at home sick today I decided to just do it all in one day.  My first tutorial is being LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD.  I got an e-mail to do this and I was really excited because I was little red a few years back.  I'll insert a picture at the end of the post to see my costume.  However, the person who e-mailed me asked to make this look more teenage appropriate for a party so here's a modern twist on the classic little red.

PART ONE: MAKE UP!

Products Used:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC 239 Shader Brush
- MAC 217 Crease Brush
- MAC 219 Pencil Brush
- MAC 210 Liner Brush
- Maybelline Velvet Crush Expert Wear Eyeshadow (Crease Colour & Outer Corner Colour)
- Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten
- Annabelle Eyeshadow in Vanilla Chilla
- Stila SmudgePot in Purple Pumps
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Liner Pencil in Purple Passion
- Stila Lip Glaze in Pucker Up

EYES
THE EYE LOOK
1. Prime your eyes.
2. Apply a dusty purple on your lid with a shader brush.
3. Apply a dark purple-blue colour in to your crease and outer corner with a crease brush; make sure to make it look dramatic.
4. Apply a shimmery light champagne colour on your inner corner with a pencil brush.
5. Apply a matte highlight colour under your browbone.
6. With a liner brush, apply a shimmery purple gel liner and wing it out.
7. Take a dark purple pencil liner and apply it to your waterline.
8.  I forgot to do this but apply mascara and fake lashes if you'd like.

LIPS


THE LIP LOOK
 For the lips you want something bold yet still innocent and sweet so I chose Stila Lip Glaze in Pucker Up which is just a Barbie sheer pink.

PART TWO: THE COSTUME!






What I'm Wearing:
Sweater/Hoodie: PINK
Skirt: Aritzia -- Talula
Shoes: LOFT

So that is a simple and easy way to create a cute and simple Little Red Riding Hood look.  I hope y'all enjoyed and let me know what else you would like to see be done.  By the way: I suggest you curl your hair if you're planning to be Little Red and carry around a basket and if you want add a little red cape from the dollar store.  Bye and I look forward to doing more Halloween tutorials including what I'm being for Halloween!

My Costume From 2008...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment